Sunday, August 23rd Noon – 4:00 Pm
Downtown New Wilmington, Market Street. Registration: 11:00 am Entry Fee: $5.00. Food, Music, Free T-Shirt, Door Prizes & $100.00 Cash Grand Prize!
Don’t miss this fun event! Saturday, August 22nd 9:00 am – Noon Brittain Lake, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
Fishing Contest & Prizes! Registration: 8:00am, derby 9am. Entry Fee: $5.00. Age 16 & Under.
Please join us as we toast to new beginnings at the Jacqueline House. Celebrate the grand re-opening of this elegant bed & breakfast by tasting Volant Mills Wines and enjoying live music provided by Jeff Wiley.
Where: The Jacqueline House – 3213 Pennsylvania 956 New Castle, PA
When: Saturday, June 6th from 4:00 - 7:00
We invite you to re-discover our beautiful town! Held each 1st Friday of the month thru September, our events will include:
- Acoustic Music
- Impromptu Street Performers\
- Special features at each participating location
- Complimentary beverages and appetizers.
Let’s support our local businesses while enjoying social fun time with your adult friends and neighbors.
Participating Business Sponsors: Silk Road Market, Fractured Grape, Tavern on the Square, Sugar Shack, Wright Place, Green Bug Glass, Vintage Vogue Furnishings, Mugsies, Jimmy’s Corner, Flowers on Vine, Pizza Joes.
Another encouraging outcome from EDCOM!’s Activities Committee
er encouraging outcome from EDCOM!’s Activities Committee
Tour the post-acute care unit and learn about our new nursing and therapy programs!
Light refreshments will be served.
COME VISIT US!
WHEN: Thursday, May 14th
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
WHERE: 520 New Castle St.
New Wilmington, PA 16142
We’d like to invite you to learn more about the high-quality, compassionate and personalized care available at Overlook. Overlook is recognized as a regional leader in post-acute, post-operative and sub-acute rehabilitation and long-term care. Please join us for a tour of our post-acute care unit which includes new nursing and therapy programs. Overlook’s team of experienced clinical professionals including our Nursing HomeAdministrator and Director of Nursing will be on hand to answer questions and explain the array ofservices available to patients at our care center.
Please RSVP to Ellen Perry at
724-946-3511 or email@example.com
On Saturday April 18th, the newly formed Wilmington Area Community Center Planning Committee along with volunteers will be planting 1 to 2 year-old tree seedlings for residence who’d like to participate in a community effort to establish fruit, nut, habitat, and shade producing trees for the vital future of our town. Proceeds of this fundraising will be used towards rehabilitating a portion of the former Borough maintenance building behind Jimmies for the new Indoor Farmers Market space.
Save the date!
- April 18th – Earth Day Tree Planting Fundraiser: 9am until we plant all 200 trees!
- May 4th – Borough council meeting @ the Borough building: 6:30pm
- May 9th – Wilmington Area Community Center Clean-up Day 8am until we potluck at noon…bring a dish if you’d like!
- May 16th – FARMER’S MARKET Kick-off event and seedling sale @ the community center: 9am
Tree Selection for April 18th
Trees are priced at $10 per tree and will be planted for you in your preferred location. All of the following species are native to our region; well adapted to our climate and a wide range of soils, and grow to heights suitable for planting in the borough.
- American hazelnut aka American Filbert – multi-stemmed small tree, grows 10-15ft. tall, edible nuts mature Sept.-Oct.
- American elderberry – Fast growing shrub grows to 10 feet in height. Produces clusters of bluish-black berries, in late summer. Used for making jelly, preserves and wine. They are also a food source for wildlife. Wetland tolerant.
- Red mulberry – Fast growing hardwood with a broad spreading crown growing to a height of 30 to 50 feet. Spread 20 to 40 feet. Mulberries produce excellent jam, jelly, juice and flavorful wine.
- Shagbark hickory – Tall narrow tree popular for it’s shredding bark grows to 90 feet tall. Sweet edible nuts should start in 25-30 years.
If you have any questions please email is at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcing our first annual Networking Event to be held at the beautiful Cedar Farm Inn. This event will be a great time to meet new contacts in other area businesses and renew old acquaintances. Enjoy scrumptious appetizers, desert and a selection of drinks including wine and beer.
The 2015 Business Expo will be held on Saturday, March 14th at Westminster College Field House. This year marks the 13th year for the Business Expo. There is a $35.oo savings for Chamber Members. The Business Expo is a great way to get your business name out and to network with other businesses. Click HERE for an application.
Cedar Farm Inn is proudly presenting an evening at the farm of dinner and art!
Artist Thomas McNickle. Tom’s work has been awarded over 25 medals in national juried exhibitions across the country and has been included in over 100 juried exhibitions. He is presently represented by Jerald Melberg Gallery, Charlotte, N.C., James Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA and Bonfoey Gallery, Cleveland, OH. You can learn more at www.thomasncnickle.com.
Tom will begin a watercolor demonstration at 5:00 with appetizers served. Followed by dinner at 7:00. Tom’s artwork will also be on display for your pleasure.Cost is 35.00 a person. BYOB
To make a reservation call Lynn Miller at 724-944-8408 or email her at email@example.com .
Cedar Farm Inn
2521 State Rte. 208
New Wilmington, PA